I attended the Beauty Xmas Party yesterday and it was fun! Since the theme was black and gold, I decided to do my nails in a subtle caramel gold and add on leopard prints on my thumbs!
- China Glaze Classic Camel
- OPI Black Shatter
- Essie Jazz
- Dotting tool
I wanted to use a darker brown but my other other brown nail polish is OPI You don’t know jacques which is too dark in my opinion. Perhaps I can now give myself an excuse to haul another brown polish?
What is missing from my collection too is a plain black polish. So instead, I used my OPI Black Shatter and the slight shatter effect actually made my leopard spots more realistic, since the lines are less perfect.
Leopard nails are relatively easy to do. Here are the steps:
- Apply your base coat, followed by your base colour.
- Using the brush from your nail polish, dot on the brown polish on your nails. The dots can be of different sizes.
- Use your dotting tool to drag around the black “brackets” on the brown spots. You can draw a “C” shape as well.
- Add some more black solid dots on any spaces between the spots.
- Apply your top coat and you are done!
Im really digging this leopard nails! So here is my nail of the day:
It’s only Monday, but wishing you a great week ahead! I just love the Christmas atmosphere.
Thanks for reading ~