Kate, founder of Fination, approached me just today regarding her new online foundation matching tool! I was not paid to blog about this but I really find this useful for all my readers, so here I am, sharing with you all!
New website Findation.com has solved one of beauty’s great dilemmas: how do you find your matching foundation colour in a brand you haven’t tried before? In the past, buying a new foundation online – without going into a store to find your colour – has been next to impossible. Now, simply by entering the shades you’ve used before at Findation.com, you can view recommended colour matches for all those brands and products you’ve always wanted to try.
How does it work?
Findation.com founder Kate Morris explains: “Women all over the world visit the site and tell us which foundation colours they use. We then use an algorithm to figure out what colours are similar, across different brands and products.”
Morris, who is also the founder of Australian cosmetics e-tailer Adorebeauty.com.au, said the idea came about from trying to help her customers buy the right shade of foundation online.
The beauty of Findation.com’s algorithm is that its recommendations will become extensive and increasingly accurate, as more and more foundation users enter their matches. Morris recommends that users should save their profiles and return to the site regularly to see all their new shade recommendations.
Findation.com is completely free to use, and aims to be a global resource for beauty junkies everywhere.
The website is pretty fool-proof with instructions guiding you along in finding your shade. With more users, the results would be more accurate as each user share their own shades.
To view the step by step guide, view this video:
Tips for best results when using Findation.com:
- Enter as many shades as possible that you’ve used before. The more shades you enter, the better your recommendations will be.
- Only tell us colours that are a good match for your skin. Would you buy that same colour again? If not, don’t enter it.
- Don’t guess, if you can’t remember exactly which colour you used. Go check the packaging just to make sure!
- If you’ve worn two different shades in the same foundation before (e.g. one in summer and another in winter), just tell us the one that is the best match for your skin for most of the year.
- If you only tell us your matches in sheer coverage foundations or tinted moisturisers, we may not be able to give you a perfect match in a full coverage foundation.
Thanks for reading~