5 to 5 (@5to5skin) is a new skincare brand based in Singapore that is science-based, customer-centric and environmentally conscious. Their products are gentle, effective and targeted for specific needs with no added fragrances, essential oils and colouring!
Their new products include Gentler Cleanser and Barrier Defender Moisturizer!
For the packaging of the Gentler Cleanser, 5 to 5 Skin opts for a monolayer polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle because it has better recyclability than the usual multilayer co-extruded tubes. Plastic recyclability varies depending on the plastic types and local recycler’s capacity, but PET is one of the most widely recycled plastic globally. Their box is made of recycled cardboard and paper.
For the packaging of the Barrier Defender, 5 to 5 Skin opt for an airless pump packaging for two reasons: (1) It protects the content from oxidation so that it lasts longer; (2) The springless pump system is easier to recycle than traditional pumps. The bottle is made of polypropylene (PP), while the cap and pump are made of HDPE, both of which are widely recycled globally. The box is made of recycled cardboard and paper.
5 to 5 Gentle Cleanser
5 to 5 Gentle Cleanser main ingredients are Red Algae, and Chamomile with a PH level of 5 to 6.
- Sodium Lauryl Sarcosinate + Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate: Types of surfactant (cleansing agent) derived from amino acids. They are particularly mild and are safe for sensitive skin.
- Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna (Red Algae) Extract: Skin-friendly marine red algae with calming and moisturizing properties for the skin.
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Chamomile) Extract: Rich in chamazulene and ?-bisabolol, which soothe the skin and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Full ingredient list:
Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Propanediol, Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Hydroxy-ethyl Cellulose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol.
5 to 5 Barrier Defender
5 to 5 Barrier Defender main ingredients are Ceramide, Cholesterol, Fatty Acids and Jojoba and Rosehip.
Retails at $25.00 (30 ml / 1 fl. oz)
- Ceramide NP + Cholesterol + Fatty Acids: The blend of these skin-identical ingredients is known to help repair the skin barrier. They are natural components of the stratum corneum (aka the skin barrier) and play a critical role in keeping our skin barrier healthy.
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil: Jojoba oil is a unique plant oil due to its high wax esters content which makes it similar to natural human sebum. Jojoba oil moisturizes and helps with skin barrier repair.
- Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil: Rosehip oil is rich in linoleic acid, an important component to maintain the integrity of the skin’s barrier. Rosehip oil is also a potent antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties.
My dry skin loves this! The jojoba oil and cholesterol really help to plump up and hydrate the skin. The complex mixture of fatty acids from lanolin and cholesterol conditions skin and helps create thicker textures. So while this is great for dry skin, those with oily skin may want to avoid this or use it very sparingly. I love their formula as well, with no other added fragrance or irritants that can irritate those with sensitive skin.
Full ingredient list:
Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ceramide IIIB, Hydrolysed Silk, D-Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol
Overall, these products are a dream for those with dry and sensitive skin. Well formulated and affordable, I would recommend these to my friends. Great thing is that they ship worldwide!
Thanks for reading ~