This period of the year seems to be busy busy busy for me! Anyway, I decided to squeeze out some time to do this overdue review on Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser! I purchased this in Macau (read my trip and haul HERE). What I had in mind then was to look for a gentle everyday exfoliating cleanser. The Lush sales advisor recommended me this and what has gotten me sold is the fact that this was a best seller product! Yup, I am easily swayed and the fact that I was on a holiday, why not? I didn’t put much thought when buying things overseas. One word – splurge (like crazy).
It has been my morning cleanser ever since until I recently finished this cleanser.
I wanted an exfoliating cleanser as it removes dead skin cell and prep my face in the morning for my foundation. Foundation lasts much longer on smooth skin!
Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida).
Only a pea size is needed for one wash and all you have to do is add water and mush them up altogether to create a paste below. And wash your face as per normal.
Unlike normal cleansers, this doesn’t lather, but cleans the face very well. After washing the face, I feel extremely refreshed and there is no feeling of tightness on my skin.
- Exfoliates the skin gently with ground almonds.
- Kaolin helps to control oil secretion.
- Feels refreshing.
- Seemed to have reduced the redness in my skin.
- No preservatives.
- Tedious to use (scooping, mixing etc).
- Unsanitary as it is in a tub.
- Lavender Oil can be irritating to sensitive skin.
- Not available locally in Singapore unless you are willing to purchase marked up Lush products at Summerloft (Holland V)
- Expires fast due to the natural ingredients used.
Will I repurchase again? Yes, but the fragrance is a put-off for me. I would still be hunting for other gentle exfoliating cleansers.
Thanks for reading!