Last minute cleaning!!! I cleaned all my brushes and sponges just before CNY, using my new Daiso detergent :)
The bottle claims that it does:
- Disinfecting and Fragrance-free and contains no pigment.
- Removes remaining foundation quickly.
- Keeps your makeup tools clean.
- Safe cleaner mostly composed of detergent kind to the skin and sponges.
Now time for the review.
Daiso Detergent for puffs and sponges for only $2 from all Daiso outlets. You might have to ransack the whole shop for this product, at least that’s what I did.
1) Using the daiso detergent, add a few drops to the dry dirty sponge. Yes, you need not dampen the sponge.
2) Now all you have to do is to lather it until foam forms. As you lather it, the dirt and used foundation will drip out of the sponge. Finally, run the sponge under tap water and squeeze it dry.
3) Now all sparkling clean!!! Just let it dry. Remember to not to let it dry in a damp place.
I was impressed at how fast the sponge can be clean and free of dirt and foundation. However, it did not remove 100% of the residue. Nevertheless, it’s a disposable sponge so I will definitely throw the sponge away after 2-3 washes to prevent any bacterial build-up. This product is fuss-free so I really recommend you to try it! After all, its only $2 for 2.8 oz worth of product! You should be able to keep this product for a few months if you do regular cleaning. This product is seldom stocked up so do get it while you can!
Lastly, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! GONG XI FA CAI!
Won’t be visiting any of my relatives as they are all in Hong Kong and I am not flying there unfortunately
Lesser Hong Baos this year