I decided to start my first post with a tutorial. Recently, I know there are a few asking around on how to remove glitter nail polishes without using acetone. Acetone is damaging to your nails even though it can remove glitter polishes effectively. For me, for removal, I use the aluminum foil method!
I look like I have alien hands, don’t I?
- Nail polish remover (I am using Sally Hansen here)
- Aluminium foil (about the size of a cotton pad)
- Square cotton pads (cut into half)
I am demonstrating the steps on my Leopard nails (NOTD HERE). My varnish base is just a little glitter but this method would work on full-on glitter polishes as well.
- First soak a section of the cotton pad in the nail polish remover.
- Place the cotton pad on your fingers, followed by an aluminium foil piece on top of the cotton pad.
- Twist the aluminium foil around your finger (like my first picture).
- Repeat the steps for all fingers and wait for 5 minutes or so.
- After, remove only the foil, and twist the cotton pad on your nail and the whole polish on your nail would come off!
All clean and only take 5 minutes! The only trouble is prepping the cotton pad and aluminium foil but you can always do that and keep it in one corner for future use. This beats spending time rubbing your finger with just a cotton pad and varnish remover when trying to remove your glitter polish!
My leopard nail art intact when the polish is being removed!
Hope this is useful!
Thanks for reading ~